Location: Student Services (Mendenhall River Community School)
Part-Time Position (.9333 FTE)
Position Summary: Works primarily with students who are in special education. Presents material and activities to improve skills in assigned areas, which may include reading, writing, math, computers and/or vocational education. Works individually or in small groups. Records grades and other measures of students' progress and behavior.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Files and record keeping.
- Personal computers and related software.
- School age children's behavior.
- Behavior modification.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide instructional assistance in assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
Compensation: This is a part-time 9-month position, working 35 hours per week, with a starting salary of $17.92 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
- High school diploma.
- Some prior experience working with school age children preferred.
- CPR, first aid and district approved behavior management techniques may be required.
- Valid Alaska drivers license required.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an electronic application.
- 22 months ago - save job