Location: Student Services (Harborview Elementary School)
Part-Time Position (.533 FTE)
Position Summary: Works primarily with students who are in special education. Presents material and activities to improve skills in assigned areas, which may include reading, writing, math, computers and/or vocational education. Works individually or in small groups. Records grades and other measures of students' progress and behavior.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Files and record keeping.
- Personal computers and related software.
- School age children's behavior.
- Behavior modification.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide instructional assistance in assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
- High school diploma.
- Some prior experience working with school age children preferred.
- CPR, first aid and district approved behavior management techniques may be required.
- Valid Alaska drivers license required.
Compensation: This is a part-time 9-month position, working 20 hours per week, with a starting salary of $17.92 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.
Please visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an electronic application.
k12jobspot.com - 6 months ago