Location: Districtwide (RVB)
Part-Time Position (.50 FTE)
ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 15 TH OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.
TEACHING POSITION : Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement(s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ).
When appropriate, must be willing and able to test for the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s).
Position Summary :
This individual teaches in the pre-kindergarten afternoon program at Riverbend Elementary School. The program requires certified teachers with a Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, or a related field with specialized training in early childhood education or related field.
Minimum Qualifications :
Preferred Qualifications :
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate with special education endorsement for Pre-k grade level; or endorsement in special education with 6 semester hour credits in Pre-k grade level, or ability to obtain upon hire, OR
- Bachelor's degree in special education education with a minimum of 6 credits in early childhood education.
- Must be willing and able to become federally highly-qualified in early childhood education.
- Master's degree in education or early childhood education preferred.
- Successful completion of the Juneau School District (JSD) Primary Reading Institute, OR willingness to participate in the JSD Primary Reading Institute at the earliest opportunity.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Proficient in the use of computerized recordkeeping and reporting.
Salary placement is dependent on experience and education. The Juneau School District offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan, see: http://www.state.ak.us/drb/dcrp/dcrplansummary.pdf .
How to Apply :
Visit our website at: http://www.juneauschools.org/hr to complete an online application.
k12jobspot.com - 5 months ago