Woodbury High School
Special Education Resource Teacher
Woodbury High School
Anticipated Dates of Assignment:
ASAP June 6, 2014
Compensation will be based on actually number of duty days in the assignment. Estimated compensation will be $193.80/day
Current MN Teaching License in and of the following K-12 areas - EBD, LD, DD
Provide academic and goal-based learning experiences that enhance student progress across all settings.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contribute to and participate in the building student support teams.
2. Serve as an IEP/IFSP case manager.
3. Work as a team member in staffings. Facilitate team meetings to review student progress and develop IEP/IFSP as related to student needs.
4. Plan and implement appropriate educational programs for individuals.
5. Implement educational plans as describe on individual IEP/IIIP/IFSP and provide information for building staff as needed.
6. Maintain appropriate records and reports. Collect data on progress on goals and objectives for each student and meet all required timelines.
7. Develop, coordinate, and evaluate transition related experiences for students, if applicable.
8. Provide work direction to paraprofessional staff members.
9. Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and administrators regarding student programs and progress.
10. Collaborate with students, families, related service providers, outside agencies, and other team members to promote growth of each student.
11. Work cooperatively with general education teachers and staff and provide building consultation, support and training as needed.
12. Create and maintain a professional working relationship with families and staff.
13. Obtain and demonstrate knowledge of general education curriculum including the grade level outcomes and state standards.
14. Conduct assessments, comprehensive report results, and follow Minnesota state criteria in area(s) of special education eligibility as well as mandated timelines.
15. Determine and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials, and equipment based on student needs.
16. Participate in building and District level professional development activities.
17. Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
18. Perform all other duties and responsibilities in certification areas as directed by the Director of Special Services and/or the Building Principal.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Posting will be removed from website when
South Washington County Schools - 6 months ago