Position Summary: The classroom teacher is responsible for the planning and implementation of an individual educational plan for students with special needs. Includes developing daily lesson plans based on the student’s need, writing daily schedules and directing and monitoring the daily instruction of students.
*Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education
*Illinois LBS I certification or an elementary certificate with special education endorsement.
*High degree of interest in working with children with mental & physical impairments
- Dedicated, hardworking, and dependable
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Ability to interact positively with parents and public agency representatives
- Possess behavior management skills
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to classroom assistants
Hours: Monday - Friday (Available from 8:15 a.m.- 3:15 p.m.)
Wages: Depends on education and experience
Benefits: Full-time benefits package