The Devereux Day School, located in Malvern, PA is seeking a SPED Certified Teacher to function initially as a float to cover classrooms as needed, leading to a consistent classroom assignment. ???? As a SPED Teacher you will be creating lesson plans & implementing daily instruction based on student's academic level, responding to client's needs during the lesson offering appropriate level of assistance, utilizing appropriate and approved therapeutic interactions with students, encouraging appropriate social behavior by role modeling and the use of approved behavior management techniques. Contributing to the safe, positive, and supportive environment that supports a culture of learning and communicating with treatment team and parents/guardians regarding the student academic and social progress.
Founded in 1912 by Helena Devereux, we operate a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of individuals and families every year. We help empower children and adults with intellectual, emotional, developmental, and behavioral challenges to lead fulfilling and rewarding lives. Our Philosophy of Care operates under the core principles of Individualized Services; Effective and Accountable Services; and Positive, Behavioral Approaches
- Prepares lesson plans to include content and instructional goals, incorporating student knowledge and abilities based on test scores and state standards
- Instructs students in academic areas by engaging students in learning, using a variety of presentation techniques, teaching relevant content, providing specific and timely feedback to students, and assessing progress
- Utilizes appropriate and approved therapeutic interaction skills with clients (e.g., New Directions techniques in areas to include praise, making requests, warnings, and facilitating transitions) and School-Wide Positive Behavior Support
- Provides guidance and direction to support staff by sharing information, delegating responsibilities, providing feedback and training, and engaging staff in planning and scheduling tasks and activities
- Effectively communicates student progress to parents/guardians and home school district, responds to parental concerns and engages the family in the instructional process
- Develops standards based IEPs and completes all documentation effectively and in a timely manner
- Utilizes crisis physical intervention techniques appropriate to the degree of threat to the safety of the student and others and in accordance with Devereux's Safe and Positive Approaches (SPA) intervention standards
- Devereux is a leading nonprofit behavioral health organization that supports many of the most underserved and vulnerable members of our communities.
Our innovative services specialize in the treatment of children, teenagers, and young adults with emotional and psychological challenges ag BS/BA in education with PA Instructional I or II level SPED certification N-12. ?? Experience with Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support strategies is perferred.
Requires experience with emotional learning support, academic instruction and creation of IEP's
Devereux - 11 months ago
Devereux is a leading nonprofit behavioral health organization that supports many of the most underserved and vulnerable members of our...