Part time position
Education Support Services (ESS) provides quality services and staffing to Mid-Michigan schools. Locally owned and operated, ESS is proud to assist students, teachers, administrators and parents in achieving success in learning.
Education Support Services is currently seeking to place a special education teacher in a charter elementary school for the 2013-2014 academic year. The school’s belief is that all children are unique individuals. The school fosters the belief that children have a tremendous capacity for learning at an early age, by designing curriculum to capture and encourage a passion for learning.
- An ability to effectively interact and collaborate with professionals, parents, and students.
- Communicate with school staff and with parents on a regular basis
- Participate in Child intervention team
- Participate in creating and implementing IEPs and develop daily individualized lesson plans, in line with state standards
- Plan behavior management strategies for entire class and for individual students
- Assist individual students and implement interventions
- Prepare appropriate documentation and reports.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to educating students in the least restrictive environment
- Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Utilize instructional and classroom management systems that increase student learning and maximize time on task.
- Monitor student progress towards achieving instructional objectives and goals.
- Other related duties as assigned by Principal.
- Elementary Teacher Certification
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Full endorsement by the MI State board of education in at least one Special Education area (Emotionally Impaired, Autism, Cognitive Impairment, Learning Disabilities, Physical Education for students with disabilities, Speech and Language Impairment, and/or Visual Impairment), LD preferred
- Student teaching internship completed
Candidates should send resume to Dr. Jensen at lisa.c.jensen@ gmail.com or call 810-299-1052 for any questions.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Education Support Services LLC provides high quality, child-focused direct
services to public and charter schools in Southeast Michigan....