Under the direction of the Educational/Disabilities Coordinator II, the Special Education Teacher will actively plan and execute the Individual Education Plans (IEP’s) the children, and promote an environment that is conducive to the educational, social and emotional development of the children in our center.
- Developing a program of sound educational goals, appropriate to the age and developmental level of the children, and enabling them to make the most of future educational opportunities.
- Ensuring the timely completion of annual reviews and reports.
- Facilitating parent meetings with the end goal of building sound relationships and providing support, as well as meetings with clinical staff for child studies.
- Using community resources to enrich the educational content of the children’s program.
- Masters Degree in Special Education
- New York State Teacher Certification – Special Education
- Prior experience in Early Childhood Education
- Knowledge of city, state and agency child welfare regulations, policies and procedures
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- First Aid and CPR trainings required and recertified as needed
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
$46,000-$52,000, dependant upon Teacher Credentials and Education.
It is the policy of ESS that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Episcopal Social Services of New York, Inc. - 30+ days ago