FamilyLinks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider
Special Education Teacher: Position Summary: The Special Education Teacher insures Therapeutic Learning Center client safety and Education Service Quality. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing all aspects of each assigned students’ educational programming.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Education and Pennsylvania Teaching Certification in the exceptionalities in which services will be rendered. Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of children and adolescent growth and development. Act 33/34 clearances. Preferred: Master’s degree and Pennsylvania certification in more than one academic area.
1. Implement and maintain the Service’s philosophy, principles and procedures in all facets of performance.
2. Communicate, collaborate and meet with staff, families, external agencies and/or others as necessary to support services to clients and the mission of the agency.
3. Provides scheduled and unscheduled behavioral interventions (including timely submission of Incident Reports) to insure implementation of the therapeutic process as well as the safety of the milieu.
4. Coordinates the educational process with the student, his or her family, and the Referring School District.
5. Completes each client’s initial Individualized Education Program (IEP), coordinates IEP Review Meetings at least twice per year with each client, his or her family, and the Referring School District, and completes Report Card and/or other academic progress reports quarterly and/or as assigned.
6. Meets and contributes to Treatment Team as assigned.
7. Maintains contact with each family, at a minimum through quarterly academic progress reporting.
8. Completes and submits all Educational Services supporting documentation, including but not limited to schedules, lesson plans, and grades (progress reports) within established timeframes.
9. Provides group coverage as needed and/or assigned.
10. Completes all other tasks as assigned.
*FamilyLinks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider
FamilyLinks is a non-profit social service agency that provides mental health and mental retardation programs, youth and family development...