Position: Special Education Teacher
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Company: Humanus Corporation (www.humanuscorp.com)
We are seeking a certified Special Education Teacher to work with elementary and high school students for a Full-Time position in the Phoenix, AZ area for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Must be a licensed/certified Special Education Teacher in the state of Arizona.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Must have excellent references.
- Must have current, up-to-date clearances.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Preference given for those with experience working in academic settings.
- Consultation and collaboration.
- Evidence-based decision-making and accountability.
- Facilitating student access to curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Develop individualized and/or group instruction to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Provide transitional support in inclusive/integrated learning environments as an aide to designated students.
- Assist in development of and provide continued support in students’ Individual Education Programs (IEP’s).
- Reevaluate IEP’s when necessary.
- Family-school collaboration services.
- Willing to accept responsibilities beyond regular classroom duties.
- Recognition and respect of diversity in development and learning.
- Research and program evaluations.
- Legal, ethical, and professional practices in compliance with federal and state mandates, as well as local policies concerning performance.
Humanus Corporation is a leading national provider of professionals in academia, offering students access to the resources which they need and deserve. As a company committed to meeting the spectrum of needs of a diverse student population, Humanus works closely with its academic partners in order to outfit them with the best qualified professionals.
Humanus is ultimately about people — working with people in order to work for people.