To provide instruction and supervision within a therapeutic classroom. To implement the philosophy of education as outlined in school policy. To be sensitive to the needs of a culturally diverse population.
- Prepare and implement lesson plans.
- Supervise the teacher aid/ assistant.
- Provide an atmosphere conductive to learning.
- Conduct on- going classroom based functional assessments.
- Prepare written educational progress reports, as required.
- Participate in development of individual education plans.
- Maintain classroom records and equipment.
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Confer with other staff, as required.
- Plan/ work collaboratively with staff and parents.
· Certification as Special Education Teacher in New York State.
· M.A. in Special Education preferred.
· Bilingual/ESL certification extension preferred.
· Experience in teaching disabled preschool population preferred.
· Is aware of and sensitive to the cultural diversity of our population.
· NYS Driver License.
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...