MAC currently services children and youth ages 2 to 21 throughout the state of Minnesota through a variety of programs. These programs are tailored to meet the individualized needs of each child or youth and their families.The Minnesota Autism Center's Mission is to promote and provide home, school and center-based behavioral and academic services for children and youth affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders. The Minnesota Autism Center promotes the general education and welfare of persons challenged by Autism Spectrum Disorders and supports the development of healthy families.
Position Description (note this is a year round position)
- Provide academic and social instruction to students with autism in school environment focusing on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy.
- Work with MAC clinicians to assess student’s individual developmental, cognitive and social needs to provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Work in unison with ABA therapists and clinicians in creating a successful school/therapeutic environment.
- BA in Education or Special Education
- Current Minnesota License (multiple licenses welcome)
- Experience teaching students with autism spectrum disorders preferred
- Ability to work with the MAC team to achieve individual student’s therapeutic and educational goals
- Work effectively with each student’s team of ABA clinicians.
- Establish developmentally appropriate instructional and behavioral expectations for students and communicate those to students and their families.
- Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as ability fair and developmentally appropriate.
- Select, adapt and individualize materials appropriate for diverse student needs and skill levels.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with MAC clinicians and student families in making educational and therapeutic decisions.
- Work with MAC clinicians to assess student developmental, cognitive and social needs to provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
- Regularly assess student learning using multiple forms of assessment.
- Upon review of student progress, adjust instruction in response to student needs.
- Facilitate positive interaction between student and peers and student and other adults.
- Model learning and behavior consistent with principles of ABA therapy.
- Complete all required paperwork and record keeping in a timely manner in accordance with MAC policies and state law.
- Maintain professional relationships with students, parents, colleagues and supervisors in accordance with MAC policies.
- Participate in ongoing clinical, team and individual professional development.
- Demonstrate competence in the Minnesota Standards of Effective Instruction.
- Ability to work in a school environment.
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for extended periods of time both indoors and outdoors.
- May be called upon to assist in student’s personal hygiene and/or personal care needs of students such as dressing, feeding and toileting.
Indeed - 4 months ago