SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS K- 8
Position Summary: To serve as a Special Education Teacher for the Ohio Charter Schools located in Warren/Youngstown area. To provide students with a first class learning experience that maximizes their intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development, including the development of their ability to apply their intellect to solving problems and contribute to their communities as enlightened and responsible citizens.
Share a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of the charter school.
Support and fully participate in a school culture that focuses on student and adult learning.
Set high expectations and standards for the achievement of students and own personal performance.
Offer content and instruction that ensures student achievement of school’s academic standards.
Support a school philosophy that values continuous learning for adults tied into student learning and other school goals.
Use multiple sources of data collection to analyze barriers to student achievement and to access, identify and apply to instructional improvement.
Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in student and school success.
Characteristic Duties and Performance Standards: (Essential)
1. Accept responsibility for the achievement of students.
2. Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals and implementation of personal learning plans of students.
3. Demonstrate effective planning and organization for instruction by: having lesson plans available at least one week in advance to assist in case of absence; taking attendance as required; tracking and submitting grades accurately and on time; keeping classroom organized, neat and attractive at all times.
4. Motivate students to achieve at their highest level of ability and potential through classroom activities, assignments, relationships, participation and feedback; set high expectations; and demonstrate sensitivity to different learning styles.
5. Use creative instructional methods and procedures and adapt effectively to unusual situations.
6. Select appropriate materials for implementation of the Paragon Curriculum and adapts materials and methods to learning styles and abilities of students.
7. Use resources effectively to support learning activities in the classroom, the school, and the community
8. Demonstrate exceptional classroom techniques which include: the art of questioning, clarity of assignments, communication in large and small groups and with individual students, an atmosphere of mutual respect, independent thought and expression, and student and teacher experiences.
9. Work cooperatively with parents and generate parents’ confidence in the teacher.
10. Demonstrate genuine concern for students in a climate characterized by high personal and student expectations.
11. Promote good citizenship through actions as role model.
12. Provide a classroom atmosphere based on the principles of firm, fair, and consistent practices, respect for individual children, and development of responsible citizenship.
13. Participate in the development of policies and regulations that affect instruction and conditions for success.
14. Use technology effectively for instruction, record keeping and other administrative tasks, and communications
15. Share responsibility for professional, cooperative staff relations and for out-of-class activities important to operation of school. Serve, when asked, as a teacher mentor.
16. Conduct one’s self according to professional, ethical principles. Continually strive to improve classroom methods, teaching techniques, and interpersonal relationships. Adhere to all school policies for both students and personnel.
17. Share responsibility for marketing the Charter School in the community.
18. Display personal qualities that reflect favorably upon the individual, the group, and the school.
19. Display pride in being a teacher and a member of the charter school team by displaying positive behavior and fully participating in the school culture. Attend faculty meetings and participate on committees.
20. Identify and participate in professional development opportunities.
21. Conduct and document parent conferences.
22. Be familiar with and support school administration in the effective implementation of the school’s Emergency Response Plan.
23. Adhere to all procedures and policies as outlined in the Employee Manual.
Performance Standards: (Marginal)
Perform various assigned responsibilities, as allowed by state and federal law, of other employees in their absence to the extent other responsibilities permit.
Required Education/Skills: Must have appropriate credentials as designated by the State Department of Education. Must demonstrate competency in all areas of Special Education responsibility and be computer literate.
Needs to demonstrate the ability to:
Ø Communicate through superior written and oral communications skills.
Ø Exhibit a high caliber of expertise in subject matter.
Ø Work on multiple projects and respond to requests and deadlines in an accurate, timely manner.
Ø Make sound decisions within the parameters of authority.
Ø Be courteous, professional and tactful at all times.
Ø Maintain a positive working relationship with faculty, staff, board members, parents, students, authorizer and community.
Ø Motivate and create a shared vision within the school community.
Ø Be respected as an adult learner and as an individual.
Ø Serve as a role model who acknowledges through actions and behaviors the critical value of human relationships in achieving personal and professional goals and organizational purpose.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Mosaica Education Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our innovative schools, please visit our web site at http://www.mosaicaeducation.com/careers
OR Email your resume and certification to email@example.com
Mosaica Education, Inc. is a global leader in education reform. Mosaica-managed schools have yielded superior academic results to date by utilizing a unique school design, which combines a proprietary curriculum Paragon®, with state-of-the-art technology.
Mosaica has served more than 45,000 students in the last 15 years. It currently operates over 80 elementary, middle and high school programs in nine states, the District of Columbia and internationally. Mosaica is using its years of experience working with schools in the U.S. to develop independent and private schools around the world, that provide quality education programs tailored to their particular needs and cultures.
Mosaica Education - 14 months ago