SCO is looking for a well- qualified Special Education Teacher!!!
The teacher will teach students between the ages if 14 and 21 with Intellectual Disabilities in a 6:1:3 supportive environment
- Classroom teacher for self-contained, special education class.
- Teach students with Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, and/or Emotionally Disturbed.
- Classroom ratio of 6 students, one teacher, 3 teacher assistants (6:1:3).
- Develop IEP for all students within the classroom, conduct educational evaluations, maintain records for progress reporting, and participate in CSE meetings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of individualized Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Work collaboratively with clinical interdisciplinary team.
- Education/Degree: Master’s Degree and New York State Certification in Special Education
- Years of Experience: 2 years preferred
- Experience working with Intellectually Disabled and/or Autism population
If you are interested in the position mentioned above, please fax or email a copy of your resume with a cover letter indicating the position of interest to:
Name/Title: Patricia Daniels/Principal
Fax: (718) 405 – 6069
Please keep in mind that it is not possible for us to personally contact every candidate, but rest assured that your information will be reviewed and one of our hiring managers will contact you if you’re being considered for the position.
SCO FAMILY OF SERVICES is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
SCO Family of Services - 13 months ago