Northern Illinois Academy, a psychiatric residential treatment facility located in Aurora, serves youth from several different states ages 6 to 21. We serve a diverse cross-section of exceptional children, from children with autism to young people with complex mental health and behavioral problems, to older teens in danger of dropping out of school or going to jail.
The Special Education Teacher instruct students in academic subjects and social interaction skills. Plans curriculum and prepares lesson plans and other instructional materials to meet the needs of each individual student that include physical, emotional, and educational levels of development. Promotes Illinois state learning standards through well planned lessons which compliment students individual learning styles. Confers with parents/legal guardian, administrators, support service providers, and social workers to develop and implement and Individual Educational Plan (IEP) for each student.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited College or University.
- One to two years experience working in a special education setting preferred.
- Illinois State Teacher Certification.
- Type 10 SED Certification.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Valid State driver’s license in good standing.
- Knowledge of appropriate educational needs for all ages of students.
- Ability to identify such needs and incorporate needs into the students IEP.
- Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with children (7-12) and adolescents (13-18) and families.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate education records according to policy and State regulations/standards.
- Knowledge of appropriate interventions with students.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision, after sixty days.
- Company provided Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Company provided AD&D insurance
- Flexible Spending program
- 401K after sixty days.
- Paid Time Off.
Sequel Youth and Family Services - 30+ days ago