The selected applicant must:
Excellent housing may be available; excellent health benefits and a housing stipend. Our communities are small, remote towns, deep in Southeast Alaska with excellent outdoor opportunities. Families are supportive, with students who appreciate your efforts. We have extensive technological support for students, and place a high value on engaging students. We want to see our students active and engaged in learning. We seek teachers who are willing to share hobbies, interests, and talents beyond their academic certification(s).
- hold a valid Alaska Teaching Certificate with Special Education endorsement
- Prefer K-12 special education endorsement
- Additional areas of certification desirable
- Prefer experience as a special education teacher
- meet the requirements for positions partially or fully funded by NCLB Title grants
- meet the NCLB "highly qualified" requirements
- "Highly qualified" status in multiple content areas preferred
- Selected applicant may be required to become "highly qualified" in specific content areas within three (3) years
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation to Chris Page Haufe via email or fax ( emailed applications are preferred ). Send your information to:
For additional information, contact Chris Page Haufe at 907-828-8254.
- 18 months ago - save job