The Lang School is a progressive K-8 school for twice exceptional (2e) learners. 2e learners present significant challenges requiring myriad strategies for reaching and connecting with them and for maximizing their opportunities for academic, social/emotional, and behavioral success. Each class is small (10 to 12 students) and is team taught by two co-teachers.
We are looking for motivated and committed, master's level special education teachers to join our small, collaborative team full-time for Fall 2014--specifically, we seek a 2nd/3rd grade co-teacher and a 6th/7th grade co-teacher.
Lang School faculty requirements: It is essential that educators working with the 2e population have experience with challenging and exceptional learners, and an ongoing interest in professional growth and in ensuring that exceptional children excel. Lang School educators collaborate on all aspects of student education and development. Requirements include:
- NYS teacher certification or a valid credential from another state (M.A. required);
- certification should include NYS “Teaching Children with Disabilities,” or the certification process to add Special Education must be solidly underway;
- Gifted Education certification must be pursued during coming year (at school’s expense);
- significant experience with exceptional children – special needs, gifted, 2e, etc.;
- knowledge of and interest in 2e learners and 2e education; and
- solid multi-sensory lesson planning and excellent classroom management skills are a must.
- All communications, including applications and inquiries are via email only (no phone calls and no faxes).
- Interested applicants must submit, via email only, a cover letter specific to The Lang School. The letter must address experiences with exceptional populations.
- The full letter must appear within the text of the email.
- An updated, professional resume must be attached, with teaching credential(s) clearly indicated.
- The subject line should contain the applicant’s last name and the position sought.
Salary range is $50,000 to $75,000 plus benefits for these positions. For more information about The Lang School, please visit our website.