20 hours per week, days and some weekends; some additional hours to accommodate workload available.
Performs responsible work assisting with or supervising special events, recreation activities and programs such as Tons of Fun, Touch A Truck , Green Hill Medieval Faire, Summer Sensations and other programs/events at assigned center, park or other facility. Work with various groups, both the public and private sector and may work with individuals who are physically or mentally handicapped. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assists in implementation of special event programs to include planning, various committee functions, purchasing of supplies, maintaining inventory, and executing events.
- Assists in the promotion and marketing of special events.
- Maintains databases to include: event marketing and promotion outlets, individual event participants/committees, sponsors, and community partners.
- Take registrations, collect fees and maintain budget records. Must be able to use computer registration and reservation systems as well as possess skills with a strong knowledge of various computer programs/functions.
- Produce event recap reports for each event as appropriate.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule
- Performs a variety of routine clerical tasks and/or administrative duties as needed.
- Drive a van or other county vehicle as needed.
- Pursue professional development opportunities such as seminars, conference, or training programs, etc.
Required : High school diploma or equivalent supplemented by at least six (6) months of college level coursework or equivalent training in Tourism and Hospitality, Communications, Physical Education, Recreation, Sociology, Child Care or related field.
Required : Some experience working in the community.
Required : Valid Virginia driver’s license with good driving record.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of accepted recreational practices and principles, and of various computer software
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and event participants, assist Tourism/Event Coordinator in their area of responsibility work with participants of all segments of the community and to work a flexible schedule
Subject to a complete criminal history and Child Protective Services background search with acceptable results. Following a conditional offer of employment, must pass a post offer physical examination. Must also be able to perform the job as described in the Physical and Environmental Demands section of this job description.
OVERALL PHYSICAL STRENGTH DEMAND
Lift and/or exert force up to 10 lbs. occasionally or insignificant weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
C = Continuously
5.5 to 8+ hours daily
F = Frequently
2.5 to 5.5 hours daily
O = Occasionally
Up to 2.5 hours daily
R = Rarely
Less than 1 hour per week
N = Never
Vision (Correction Required: N/A)
Foot Controls (driving, operation of equip, etc.)
D = Daily
W = Several Times Per Week
M = Several Times Per Month
S = Seasonally
R - Rarely
N = Never
Health and Safety
Dirt and Dust
Noise and Vibration
Fumes and Odors
Darkness or Poor Lighting
Physical Danger or Abuse
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION
Office Environment but outside as events require
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, WORK AIDS
Computers, telephones, and office equipment
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
As applicable to activities involved.