Responsible for assisting with developing, planning and coordinating all of the special events programs consistent with the strategic focus and image of the Van Andel Institute. Assist with the organization and facilitation of local, regional and national special events to ensure that activities run smoothly and follow appropriate protocol. Coordinate event mailings, sponsor and financial tracking, and sponsorship fulfillment and recognition.
- Assist with creating, planning and organizing all Development, Communications & Marketing fundraising and non-fundraising events, local and national receptions and others;
- Recruit, lead and direct volunteers at each event, and create engagement and stewardship plan for volunteers;
- Coordinate event logistics and services, including production of all event mailings and collateral print materials;
- Attend all event committee meetings, prepare agendas and materials, and complete meeting minutes in a timely manner;
- Conduct post-event wrap-up and evaluation with vendors, in-kind donors and VAI Finance department to verify income statements for each event, including maintaining an annual event portfolio for historical purposes and record keeping;
- Maintain accurate event records, including expenses, revenue and guest names and information relating to special events;
- Track and manage essential membership lists, including sending reminders when membership lapses;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with one to two years of experience in fundraising, communications, journalism, marketing, public/community relations, advertising and/or event planning. Excellent interpersonal skills, creative vision, significant project management and coordination experience, and demonstrated ability to work effectively with staff, volunteers, and general public. Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, planning, and organizational skills. Ability to work as team member as well as take individual initiative. Must be detail oriented and able to build consensus, prioritize and execute tasks. Proficient Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) web search engines; experience with fundraising database software (Raiser’s Edge) preferred. Ability to work in a flexible environment with rapidly changing priorities and a variety of projects simultaneously including work outside of the normal work day, including weekends.
POSITION STATUS : Full-time, non-exempt
PAY: Hourly starting rate of pay commensurate with education, relevant work experience, and other qualificaitons.
Van Andel Institute - 21 months ago