Organization: Denver Zoo
Location: Denver, CO, Country
Job or Internship: Job
At Denver Zoo, our mission is to secure a better world for animals through human understanding. We are a respected leader in animal care and exhibition, conservation programs, scientific study, environmental education and public service.
This full-time position plays an important role in Denver Zoo’s institutional events team by helping plan, organize and coordinate more than 65 zoo-wide events to meet a variety of institutional goals. These events include both internal and external events and are developed to reach various audiences.
- Assists the institutional events team in developing new events while maintaining a successful calendar of current events.
- Coordinates event planning meetings with internal and external audiences to identify event objectives and goals.
- Determines and revises event layouts and schedule event space.
- Organizes event details by maintaining detailed event summaries.
- Conducts research, gathers information and identifies resources on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Obtains necessary internal event approvals through the submission of appropriate request forms to insure appropriate communication and animal safety.
- Schedules and coordinates appropriate staff and volunteers for events.
- Manages day of event production and logistics.
- Maintains event budget spreadsheets including tracking revenue and expense line items.
- Maintains accurate event attendance and revenue records for each zoo event
- Collects comments and feedback from multiple audiences and prepare post event evaluation documents.
- Coordinates event set up and tear down.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule, including some Saturday, Sundays and evenings.
- Provides back up assistance for press events and corporate rentals.
- Performs animal demonstrations for offsite festivals and special events.
- Has some knowledge on all Marketing Department programs and activities to answer any zoo staff and/or general public questions about events, public relations, marketing, and corporate rentals.
- Assists with preparing annual budget and yearly goals for the events team.
- Performs various tasks as assigned.
Please apply online at http://denverzoo.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, event management, journalism, communications, or related fields or a combination of education and job-related experience
- 3-5 years successful experience in event management and planning.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- On-call responsibilities and availability necessary including the ability to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
- Experience in management of support staff and volunteers.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and internet research.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to work as a productive member of a team.
Association of Zoos and Aquariums - 18 months ago