The Special Investigator conducts proactive and reactive investigations and inquiries designed to minimize the financial and reputational risks associated with mortgage origination, servicing and retail banking. This position is also responsible for increasing employee awareness of fraud and related risks and assisting with conducting related training.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Requirements)
- Conducts initial review of complaints, allegations, and other information received by the Special Investigations Unit. Investigations typically have a high level of complexity. Briefs manager appropriately.
- Gathers and analyzes documents and other pertinent information.
- Conducts interviews
- Completes assigned investigations in a timely and professional manner
- Completes reports of investigation detailing findings and recommendations where appropriate
- Makes recommendations to enhance policies or procedures with a focus on minimizing reputational and financial risks across the enterprise
- Completes special projects as assigned by management
- Assists manager in creating and presenting anti-fraud training
Training and Experience
- Ability to deal with change and growth in a dynamic environment
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to gather and analyze information and make sound recommendations
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate across business units
- Ability to multi-task
- Comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five to seven years of mortgage experience including knowledge of mortgage documentation, mortgage underwriting processes, appraisals and title insurance
- 3 to 5 years fraud investigation experience
- Fraud certification (e.g. CFE) required
- Assessment Screening
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Everbank - 2 years ago
EverBank Financial and its subsidiaries provide a range of financial services including banking, investment services, lending, commercial...