To identify, investigate and make appropriate recommendations for the disposition of losses and claims which appear fraudulent in nature. Acts as a liaison between company and appropriate government fraud bureaus. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
This territory will cover all of North Carolina and parts of South Carolina. The ideal candidate will be located near the Charlotte area.
- Conducts in -depth investigation of claims submitted to SIU which may be suspicious. Makes appropriate recommendations for the disposition of claims.
- Provides advice and guidance to the claims technical staff on ways of recognizing fraudulent claims.
- Confers and works with law enforcement officials in civil and criminal investigations and prosecutions. Assists defense counsel on cases in litigation due to fraud or arson.
- Examines damaged property for related and/or related damage, identification number tampering, maintenance stickers and proof of alleged betterment.
- Takes necessary action to preserve evidence.
- Keeps abreast of the latest legislation and court decisions that relate to insurance fraud and through programs set up for that purpose.
- Documents every file as to action taken and information obtained as well as a complete report outlining the investigation for later use in court or other legal proceedings.
- Assist in the disposition of salvage to assure maximum recovery and prevent misuse of identifying numbers and salvage documents.
- College degree preferred.
- 2-4 years claims experience.
- 2+ years SIU experience preferred
- Proficient with software applications including Microsoft Word
- Familiarity with Windows OS
- Preferred working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, and Excel.
Selective Insurance Group - 19 months ago