Special Projects Coordinator |
Freelancers Union is building a new economy for the new workforce. A national membership organization serving and connecting the nation ’s 42 million independent workers, we ’re a social-purpose enterprise built to sustainably serve generations to come.
We believe all workers should have the freedom to build meaningful, connected, entrepreneurial, and independent lives. We offer health, life, disability, and dental insurance, as well as discounts and other resources, to freelancers, consultants, temps, part-timers, and the self-employed. We ’re driving a movement by working with freelancers to build power in markets and in politics.
And we are builders first – collaborative, friendly, open-minded, adaptable, creative, and action-oriented. We ’re looking for people who share those qualities. We work in a fast-paced and fun environment, and we ’re constantly exploring interesting new ideas.
We are looking for an energetic, nimble Special Projects Coordinator to work within our Project Management Office to support the development and implementation of creative and innovative early-end projects.
This individual will work closely with project management and the executive office to coordinate, research, document, plan, and provide overall support for business and technical initiatives.
What you ’d have to do:
• Conduct pre-project and business case analysis, including gathering, documenting, and interpreting requirements and regulations;
• Conduct market assessments and competitive analyses for new product or business initiatives;
• Assist with preparing concept papers and business case briefs around new projects and product initiatives;
• Assist with project initiation and documentation, ensuring strategic goals are represented in project charter;
• Facilitate projects and status meetings, including scheduling, preparing agendas and meeting materials, maintaining minutes, tracking follow-up, and ensuring completion of next steps; and
• Assist with tracking progress of assigned projects and creation of status reporting for varied audiences/stakeholders.
Experience and skills you ’d need to have:
• Bachelor ’s Degree required
• 1-3 years of analytical experience
• Advanced knowledge of the MS Office Suite
• Experience with project management tools and programs a plus
• A self-starter with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn
• Exceptional organizational, research, information/data gathering, and facilitation skills
• Attention to detail and capacity to multi-task
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent written and verbal skills, a collaborative work style, and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Team-oriented with a natural curiosity, a good sense of humor, and a strong work ethic
More about us:
Independent workers comprise 30% of the U.S. workforce —and growing —but lack many of the basic supports and protections that traditional employees get. We aim to change that for our 200,000 members, and for the 42 million independent workers nationwide. Oh, and we ’re also the people behind all those ads with the beehive that you see on the New York City subways.
Like we said, we ’re not typical. We think of ourselves as “practical revolutionaries ” —people who have extraordinary vision and want to make significant change, but can also put big, lofty ideas into tangible action. We believe strongly in solidarity, both for our staff and for the freelance community. For more information about us and what we do, please visit www.freelancersunion.org.
Our office is in DUMBO, the first stop into Brooklyn on the A, C, or F subway lines.
If you ’re interested in joining our team of entrepreneurial pioneers, please email your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com. Sorry, but we won ’t consider resumes that don ’t include both a cover letter and salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Working Today/Freelancers Union and its entities do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in its programs, activities, or employment practices.
Freelancers Union - 17 months ago
Freelancers Union promotes the interests of independent workers through advocacy, education, and services.