The California STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (CAPTC) is a program sponsored by the Public Health Foundation Enterprises, Inc. (PHFE) and the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). The CAPTC is federally funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is an integral part of a national network of training centers that provide clinical, behavioral, partner services and program support courses designed to enhance the STD/HIV knowledge and skills of medical, health, and community professionals.
The Special Projects Coordinator is a temporary position that will support clinical activities at the CA STD/HIV Prevention Training Center (CAPTC) under the direction of the Clinical Manager. The incumbent will assist in the areas of assessment, planning, coordination, and implementation of various trainings. There is a high level of communication with local health officers, agency managers, clinical providers and others identified for input in planning for trainings. The incumbent will gather and analyze data from public health partners; draft reports and share findings; coordinate conferences and in-person meetings; provide logistical in-put to events and trainings.
- Coordinate the implementation of a variety of clinical training projects.
- Develop various provider education tools; arrange meetings, prepare agendas, correspond verbally and in writing with partner agencies, and attend meetings.
- Coordinate and complete information collection activities including telephone and in-person interviews and chart abstraction; monitor quality of collected data.
- Create and maintain confidential and administrative files and electronic databases.
- Collaborate in the preparation of research-related reports, including conducting literature/internet searches, creating bibliographies, and editing manuscripts.
- Coordinate the preparation and/or modification of PowerPoint presentations on clinical and research topics, coordinate the development of content and preparation of curriculum components.
- Respond to inquiries from trainees; attend meetings and trainings as needed.
- Provide other necessary administrative services, including preparation of correspondence, drafts, tables, and memoranda.
- Coordinate meetings and organize correspondences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Public Health Foundation Enterprises - 15 months ago