The Special Projects and Event Coordinator provides project and administrative support for the Stewardship Manager and Appeal Manager and will be responsible for assisting in all the Boston Catholic Development Services (BCDS) fundraising and donor recognition events that benefit the clients of BCDS. This person will interact with staff, Board members, sponsors, donors, honorees, event vendors, and others to meet and exceed fundraising goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Some specific duties include:
- Serve as the point person and manager for events, including but not limited to creating and managing budgets, researching prospective venues, soliciting proposals, creating logistical plans and developing and managing the event program.
- Coordinate the planning initiatives schedule for all Development Events and outreach, including timetables and responsibilities.
- Assist in the development and implementation strategies aimed at generating revenue from fundraising events. Investigate new ideas for future events and oversee current fundraising and donor appreciation events.
- Create and adhere to timelines of all events; Monitor progress of registration, ticket sales and income goals and adjust plans as appropriate.
- Work with all the development staff to create income and attendance projections for events.
- Schedule internal and external meetings and coordinate any travel arrangements that are needed, primarily for the Stewardship Manager and Appeal Manager.
- Manage all thank you correspondence for events and high end CLC and high level donor correspondence for the Cardinal and Senior leadership signatures.
- Assist with copying, faxing and distribution of material.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3-5+ years previous project management and/or event planning coordination work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to self-direct – can set objectives, manage own priorities and work with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills – works effectively with others, at all levels and within all functional areas.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Displays a professional, detail-oriented and proactive approach.
- Demonstrates a high level of productivity, energy and enthusiasm.
- Flexibility – easily adjusts to change and can manage self in stressful situations.
- Must be able to work with confidential information with a high level of discretion.
- Excellent computer skills – proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of the Raisers Edge database or development database a plus.
- Willingness to support the mission of the Catholic Church
Archdiocese of Boston - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard