and control portions of the group's substation and
- Entry-level engineering position for the protection
transmission projects. Perform basic engineering and
design tasks utilizing applicable standards and
current technology. Performs entry-level
engineering, analysis and design tasks utilizing
current technology and available standards,
templates and cataloged products.
others in the production of customer-focused
- Develops leadership skills necessary to direct
products and services that meet established project
- Works under close supervision. Implements Company
- Entry-level assignment to a project or
quality requirements. Typical products may include
- Prepares engineering products that meet customer
routine calculations, analyses, drawing review,
procurement specifications, and proposal
required. Assignments are commensurate with formal
- Provides support for other department activities as
training and proficiency. Assignments may be in
corporate offices or at customer facilities.
trends by participation in professional societies
- Keeps abreast of current technical knowledge and
and by attendance at relevant seminars. May
research, gather, analyze, and organize materials
for technical reports.
start to finished product and applicable
- May be responsible for the entire project from
distribution of the data.
this position as may be appropriate. In engineering
- Completes other responsibilities associated with
in gathering data from multiple sources. Assists in
- Engineering Calculations/Analyses/Studies - Assists
preparing engineering calculations, engineering
analyses, and engineering studies. Assists in
writing final report and makes recommendations.
the steps to determine issue, define problem,
- Technical Deviations/Design Decisions - Assists in
identify the pros and cons of multiple solutions,
and makes recommendations for technical deviations
from client specifications or design decisions.
Assists in the creation of final documentation
incorporating all relevant information and pursuit
of client authorization.
interpreting regulatory codes and amendments,
- Code Variances - Assists in the steps of
determining issues, defining problem, identifying
the pros and cons of multiple solutions, and
developing alternative solutions. Assists in the
creation of final documentation incorporating all
relevant information and pursuit of authorization
from the local governing body.
incorporating information from engineering
- Engineering Study Based Procurement - Assists in
calculations, analyses, and studies into equipment
specifications, data sheets, testing requirements,
and material requisitions for engineering study
based equipment. Assists in inter-discipline vendor
documentation review and approval.
gathering data from multiple sources. May assist in
- Design Calculations/Analyses - May assist in
preparing design calculations, and design analyses.
incorporation information from design calculations
- Design Based Procurement - May assist in
and analysis into equipment specifications, data
sheets, testing requirements, and material
requisitions for design based equipment. May assist
in inter-discipline vendor documentation review and
interpreting regulatory codes, interpreting client
- Work Packages - Assists in conducting site surveys,
standards, applying standard engineering and design
practices, making sketches, providing technical
direction to the design team towards document
creation, and writing the work package narrative.
May assist in the creation of material take offs,
drawing lists, and document revision control.
participating in constructability reviews and the
- Construction/Testing Support - Assists in
incorporating of findings into engineering and
design. Assists in responding to requests for
information from field personnel.
and verifying mark ups. Assist in incorporating
- As-building - Assists in marking up field documents
field mark ups into final drawing review.
safety, and environmental (HSE) programs. Facilitate
- Health, Safety and Environmental - Support health,
atmosphere of concern for HSE issues.
external training, internal engineering applications
- Employee Development Program - Participate in
(EA)/Engineering Design Systems (EDS) training, and
internal department training.
employee/team achievements and employee performance
- Employee Performance Management Program - Forward
issues. Participate in performance reviews.
Participate in employee/team recognition activities.
developing operations and maintenance procedures and
- Operations and Maintenance Support - May assist in
manuals, maintenance plans, safety analysis, and
assist in conducting on-site training of personnel.
typically an engineering degree; or equivalent
- BS or MS in related field or applicable discipline,
experience if allowed by law. EIT preferred. Basic
knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and
accepted procedures. Generally 0-2 years of
experience in field. Entry level professional
position within the department.
related to their area of focus under close
- Performs relatively routine activities and tasks
supervision. Typically requires pre-knowledge of the
discipline theories, principals and practices
learned through college course work or prior work
experiences. Develops broader knowledge through
performing structured functional assignments, such
as collecting and analyzing data related to specific
tasks. Greatest focus is on learning and application
of the department skills. Able to learn and
adequately demonstrate all of the basic skills
needed for advancement.
engineering software applications; Basic analytical
- Computer proficiency required; Familiar with
and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention
to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and
complete assignments. Basic written and verbal
communication skills in English are important.
in a team-oriented environment. Ability to maintain
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work
confidential information is critical. Generally
characterized as a "Learner". Requires decreasing
amount of task oversight and review during time in
position. Typically will interface with departmental
staff and supervisory and lower level management,
but rarely outside customers.
employees include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation,
- General attributes required of all WorleyParsons
Building Effective Business Relationships,
Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change,
Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic
assignments preferred. Record of engagement in
- Willingness to travel or to accept field
professional associations preferred. Ability to work
effectively in teams.
and standards in related discipline.
- For CSA positions, awareness of applicable codes
WorleyParsons Corporation puts its energy into energy and chemical plants. The US subsidiary of WorleyParsons Limited, the company is a top...