Conducts club fitting appointments for both consumers and customers at the Carlsbad Headquarters as well as supporting outside fitting events. Fittings are conducted in order to give consumers and customers a clear understanding of which Callaway products can benefit their game, why those products were selected for them, and to increase sales of Callaway Golf equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess communication skills to present technical ideas and facts to a diverse audience of consumers and customers. Must present information in a manner consistent with Callaway sales standards.
- Must be able to interpret ball launch data and combine that data with observed golf swings to determine an optimum club specification for a consumer.
- Must be able to fully present the Callaway product line and have knowledge of past Callaway products.
- Provide telephone support for Callaway customers and consumers who call the Custom Fitting Hotline. .
- Conduct Performance Evaluations
- Ensure that bay presentation is show-ready
- Place reminder calls for future fitting appointments
- Send See Your Game still picture e-mails to guests
- Performance Center Telephone support
- Work on other areas of individual focus
- HQ Performance Center support
- Authorized Performance Center support
- Trackman Launch Monitors/Demo Days
- Prepare updates regarding focus areas for group meetings
- New Product Launches
- Learn about new product attributes and performance characteristics
- Update HQ Performance Center with new products when available
- Train Authorized Performance Centers on new product attributes and performance characteristics
- Assist other sales and marketing functions
Education and/or Experience
- Have knowledge of both Callaway and competitive golf products and how their attributes affect ball flight.
- Must be a skilled golfer with a 5 handicap or less, which adds credibility in the consumers’ viewpoint.
- Must be highly reliable in attendance. Our work environment requires punctuality and attendance that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Must be able to operate CPAS and Trackman systems of measuring golf ball flight.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Windows and applications like Excel, Word, and Access.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be having reliable transportation.
- Two years experience teaching golf preferred.
- Experience in either a retail or golf operation including interaction with customers preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.