Specialist, Desktop Support-000467
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 62nd on the FORTUNE 500 and has more than 6,500 employees. Enterprise’s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its 50,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership’s service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.
Implement and support leading technologies as a member of Enterprise Products' IT team. Gain valuable experience with exposure to challenging and dynamic projects in all aspects of our business. Join our highly experienced network of professionals and connect with our creative team.
The Desktop Support Specialist will provide a combination of Project Management and technical coordination for infrastructure projects and operational initiatives based on business requirements from both the Enterprise Corporate Houston and field offices as defined by the scope of the project. The role will provide customer service for technology and critical applications, which have been and are continuing to be expanded. One of the primary focuses of this position will be to interact with Corporate IT and other Enterprise-based business units to maintain and improve upon customer service levels provided by IT Infrastructure Support Services. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overall desktop field support for Corporate office with some remote operations where needed.
- Provide technical support services via email, phone, and in person.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries that are placed to the Support Center; and directly interact with end user customers to resolve local and network related issues.
- Work with other IT groups to rollout hardware and software upgrade; implement new equipment and services; assist with new product testing and special projects.
- Must support all hardware/software on company desktops and provide expert second level support.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software and connectivity issues.
- Install and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows 2000/XP operating systems and standard business applications on desktop systems and associated peripherals and verification of operation.
- Troubleshoot all desktops, copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other IT-related issues.
- Follow up with end users to ensure problems are resolved successfully and satisfactorily.
- Provide fundamental training to customers; customer operation / procedure training and/or documentation.
- Document and update written knowledge base policies and procedures.
- Suggest, design, implement, and test computer for compliance to standards.
- Be able to manage a heavy caseload and respond to customers' requests in a timely fashion.
- Work a flexible schedule; provide off-hours support on an on-call basis.
- Deliver superior customer service.
- Maintain detailed documentation of each service call in an online tracking system.
- Work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or less.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A high school diploma is required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience supporting desktop hardware and software.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in understanding of technical infrastructure including local area network, wide area network, servers, desktops, and multiple operating systems.
- Required certifications: A+, Net +, MCDST, MCP 2X or a combination in lieu of a degree; preferably MCITP current OS.
- Help desk phone support or related support experience is preferred.
- Clientele, Clarify, and/or Remedy case management software experience.
- Remedy Service Desk software experience.
- Oracle Client (6i, 7i, 8i, 9i, and 10g) and components of Oracle: ADI, Financials, Discover (Disco); and knowledge of TNS Names.
- Experience in setting up Xerox DocuCentre and WorkCentre for network scanning, scan to emails, fax, scan to file, and printing.
- Experience and knowledge in GIS/Mapping and Plant Processing applications setups such as, but not limit to Delorme XMap 5.0, Delorme Street Atlas 2X, TOPO, HYSYS, AutoCAD 2X, AutoDesk, ArcGIS, FlexPlant.
- Ability to setup and manage mobile devices such as Blackberry, Pearl, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with trading software/applications such as Bloomberg, Prophet X, Reuters, etc.
- Experience with VOIP.
- ODBC connectivity for SQL, Oracle, and Access 2x and above.
- SQL client tools installation and troubleshooting for mixed environment (2000-2007).
- Citrix connectivity and troubleshooting.
- Experience resolving spyware and viruses on infected clients.
- Basic Office 2003 and 2007 troubleshooting (Outlook 2007).
- Resetting password and printers for AS400 and creating connectivity to host using Rumba.
Primary Location: USA-Texas-Houston
Shift: Day Job
Organization: Info Tech
Job: Information Technology
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Enterprise Products Partners - 9 months ago
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to...