The primary function of this position is to handle employee relations issues and the performance management process.
· Provide support to Employee Relations Manager and management staff on employee relations issues.
· Supports management on personnel issues, interpreting policy and employee relations practices based on policies and legal considerations.
· Recommends courses of action on individual employee matters including performance and discipline concerns for day to day employee relations activity.
· Seeks counsel as directed and refers significant or complex matters to Employee Relations Manager.
· Initiates and conducts timely investigations, prepares documentation and make recommendations for disciplinary action.
· Gathers background information and prepares formal disciplinary actions. Ensures official cases are properly maintained with complete documentation to support proposed or final actions.
· Reviews and approves performance improvement plans. Ensures proper protocol is followed when preparing actions related to employee relations.
· Provides managers and supervisors with direction and assistance on performance, conduct, discipline, policies and procedures related to employee relations issues.
· Provides expert advice in support of management's goal to improve the performance and efficiency of the organization.
· Conducts terminations as directed.
· Conducts exit interviews. Discusses exit findings with management. Recommends and implements strategies to retain staff.
· Recognizes unique and/or problem situations within assigned area of responsibility, researches, and formulates solutions in conjunction with Sr. Director.
· Provides support to Employee Relations Manager on other employee relations matters as needed.
· Manage performance management process for non-exempt employees.
· Reviews, edits and approves performance evaluations to ensure consistency and compliance.
· Reviews Performance Management Tools and recommends enhancements and revisions to assist management in meeting goals.
· Performs all related duties, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field.
· Minimum 4 years experience in Human Resources with 2 years experience directly handling employee relations and performance management required.
· Certificate in Human Resources preferred.
· Proficient in MS Office.
· Strong knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations.
· Demonstrated ability to positively persuade and assertively communicate needs, policies or practices.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility: Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.
ASH Companies - 17 months ago