Disperse funds in accordance with the company policy in a controlled, cost efficient and timely manner. This includes the processing of invoices for normal plant operating expenses, product inventory, fixed assets, incoming/outgoing freight, misc. expenses and team member reimbursements, as well as the recording of month-end accruals for any invoices not processed through the SAP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to below
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
- Receive invoices daily and date stamp with appropriate receiving date
- Review invoices and match with purchase orders or other financial approval forms, verify receipt of goods, obtain approval if necessary, confirm correct prices, discounts, funding, and extensions; research discrepancies and make necessary adjustments
- After approval, input the disbursement requests into Accounts Payable System; review and reconcile output and verify that the transactions are entered correctly into the General Ledger
- Identify and code items to be paid in SAP and forward to the Treasury Section
- Reconcile AP balances in the sub-ledger to the general ledger monthly
- Ensure that all outstanding invoices are either processed or accrued into the SAP system by month end
- Resolve any vendor invoice related issues by month end
- Assist department members with special projects
- Cross train with other support staff within the CFO group
- Act as counter-balance to Treasury’s validation of the monthly ERS (Evaluated Receipts Settlement) payment amount
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related discipline, along with two (2) to five (5) years of accounts payable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Business interpersonal skills are necessary in addition to the normal system competency skills, including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to comprehend and comply with general divisional policies and procedures in conducting day to day accounting and administrative responsibilities
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Prior SAP experience preferred