The specialist is responsible for assisting group leaders and team members with repetitive and chronic equipment problems. The specialist is also responsible for implementing and maintaining maintenance documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to accountabilities below):
- Analyze and assist group leader with shift to shift follow-up activities
- Execute action plans to achieve maintenance downtime targets
- Establish and implement a maintenance downtime report system
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all environmental rules
- Assist maintenance group with managing key maintenance indicators such as budget, downtime, manpower, preventive maintenance, spare parts, and computerized system
- Manage and monitor the purchasing, distribution and inventory control of maintenance material ( include tools, subsidiary materials, oil)
- Monitor and control spare parts purchasing and usage
- Execute the maintenance department’s action plan to achieve the yearly operation plan
- Follow all company policies including emergency policies
- Manage internal and external contractors
- Train team members on new equipment and new technology
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering or related area, along with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in maintenance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Knowledge and experience with PLC programming (preferably A/B or Siemens)
- Experience with automation, design, installation, and repair of equipment
- Capacity to understand schematics and specifications of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Experience working with word processor, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications and/or software