Support NBA Marketing Communications and serve as the day-to-day PR contact for the Global Merchandising Group (GMG) by pitching and placing stories related to the league’s merchandising business including the NBA Store, NBAStore.com, and all NBA, WNBA and NBA D-League licensees as well as the promotion of NBA All-Star Jam Session and other fan and entertainment initiatives.
• Responsible for working with GMG to pitch and secure stories related to NBA product categories in consumer lifestyle, fashion, sports, business, and trade publications and outlets.
• Oversee and secure pre- and on-site publicity for NBA All-Star Jam Session. Pitch Jam Session spokespeople 3-4 months prior, to help build awareness for the upcoming event. Accountable for securing early morning live shots with NBA executives, marketing partners and players (WNBA/D-League/Legends) as well as being on-site for broadcast shoots. In addition, responsible for hiring and managing the local PR firm and conducting weekly calls with the group and management of media credential process.
• Oversee media outreach, credential process, and coverage of NBA Rookie Photo Shoot including this year’s event on August 6, 2013.
• Manage media outreach and coverage of special events at the NBA Store.
• Advise/work closely with GMG on upcoming product launches and events including creating PR plans 6-8 weeks prior to product launches, events and major initiatives; developing press releases, media advisories, talking points, and fact sheets.
• Assist with promotion of WNBA and NBA D-League merchandise launches.
• Assist with various administrative needs such as compiling and photo copying clip reports, updating media lists, creating press kits, sending product samples to media, managing merchandise closet, etc.
• Track and share media placements in consumer magazines, newspapers (lifestyle, feature and metro section stories), and TV.
• Strong writing skills and ability to communicate efficiently
• Experience pitching stories and working with reporters; proven history of successful placements a plus
• Team player attitude
• Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
• Ability to handle high pressure situations with poise and confidence
• Close attention to detail
• Ability to travel as needed
• 3-5 years of consumer products PR experience required; agency experience a plus
• Experience in sports a plus
Educational Background Required
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Communications/PR/Journalism focus, a plus
NBA - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, the...