In this role you will assist in the implementation of public relations activities and events to help promote and support the objectives, and business goals of the organization. In addition, heavy media relations and media coverage reporting to support the ITCG business unit, supports daily public relations activities, such as updating media lists, daily news distribution, writing and distributing press materials, distributing media coverage reports, fielding incoming media inquiries. Supports PR events and when appropriate provides on-site PR staff support.
- Drafts/develops pitch letters, media advisories, press releases, photo captions and other forms of media correspondence
- Distributes press releases internally and externally via wire services Canon Web site, Daily News Summary, virtual press kit, etc
- Supports daily media relations activities including outreach to target media, monitoring competitor sites, bloggers and other social media outlets.
- Works closely with PR team to execute day-to-day PR responsibilities such as daily monitoring of PR account, compiling the Daily News Summary, updating Pending Placement Grid, managing target media lists
- Supports and staffs PR events and trade shows
- Works closely with management to develop PowerPoint documents
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 1- 3 years experience.
- The position requires 25% travel.
Canon USA - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Canon U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Melville, New York, is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital...