Develop broad understanding and application of the automotive industry standards and continually strive for improvements and excellence in all facets of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES ( including but not limited to accountabilities below):
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
- Perform material testing and analysis on automotive parts using a variety of equipment
- Review material test data and implement improvement activities
- Execute and implement quality activities in compliance with company goals
- Execute special projects for production support activities
- Prepare detailed plans, reports, and schedules for the Quality Assurance team
- Ensure compliance of regulations, policies, and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Electronic Engineering or related field along with two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in an automotive manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Advanced degree in Business Management or related field preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED :
- Experience working with MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Possess strong technical skills and experience in the area of material testing in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Possess a broad understanding and application of the automotive standards
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia - 30+ days ago