Posting Job Title: Specialist, Value Add Service
Requisition #: 145867BR
Posting Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Area of Interest: Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable currently seeks a Value Add Service Technician for our Commercial Services Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Business Class VAS Technician will work in a fast paced technical support environment and will be responsible for generating work orders for business class customers This position's main purpose is to process and support all Value Add Services based products. Responsible for the overall design to support the customer's requirements associated with: Managed Security, DNS, Webhosting, Email, Vanity Email, and Online Backup based products from a Commercial Customer(s) back to the TWC network. Coordinators must be team oriented, self-motivated, customer focused and possess the ability to ensure installation issues are resolved in a timely manner. Additionally, they must work effectively, solving problems, ensuring the right outcome as well as ensuring steady progress toward individual and team objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be internet savvy including configuration of TCP/IP, DNS, Webhosting, Online Backup, and Email
- Determine Customer Requirements for all VAS services.
- Experience with provisioning all VAS services and following the templates that have been developed.
- Additional duties as assigned depending on project deadlines and workload demand.
Ancillary skills that would be helpful to have but are not required:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires a high level of skill with computer systems and their use as well as a willingness to learn new applications and services rapidly, and the ability to do so.
FCC Unit_TWC: 5675
- Familiarity with ICOMS and CSG billing systems, OMSe, NYROC, UDI. PC, IPMT and Internet skills as well as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Microsoft Outlook, Windows 2000, are preferred.
- Strong MS Excel spreadsheet experience highly preferred
Controlling Establishment ID: 00131 - San Antonio Blue Crest Ln
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 17 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...