The Welding Specialist will assist management with the processing of downtime and help find solutions to reduce downtime. Also, the specialist will check quality and provide quick solutions for any quality issues during production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES ( including but not limited to accountabilities below):
- Coordinate and lead project activities, including new equipment installation, supplier selection, and production launch phases
- Check and follow up construction work of welding shop
- Serve as technical expert during new vehicle and launches
- Improve processes, automation and lay out
- Check and improve quality issues during production
- Production preparation: tool purchasing plan, subsidiary material purchasing plan
- Analyze and report daily and monthly downtime and countermeasure to reduce downtime
- Report current projects, progress and issues to management and prepare presentations and reports as required
- Participate in Cross Function Teams and other Problem Solving Teams
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Bachelors degree in mechanical, electrical, or electronic engineering along two (2) to five (5) years of progressive experience in the welding field preferably in the automotive industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Teamwork oriented and flexible
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally with effective follow up, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate good general technical background, including data collection, analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of welding shop process preferred
- AutoCad experience
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia - 6 months ago