Posting Job Title Specialist, eLearning Requisition # 141995BR Posting Location Herndon, VA, US Area of Interest Information Technology Services
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Corporate office currently seeks a NO&P eLearning Specialist role for our Process, Design & Management Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
Join a wonderful team and create dynamic and creative eLearning courses, from initial brainstorm to LMS publication. Part instructional design, part learning theory and cognitive science, part graphic design, part screenwriting, part movie making - put your valuable skills to work for Time Warner Cable. Design and deliver synchronous and asynchronous learning: eLearning modules, webinars, documentation, and live classroom instruction.
- Use Adobe development tools (Captivate, Presenter, Flash, etc.) to develop high quality, interactive Technical eLearning content and assessments
- Conduct needs assessments, analyze current training materials, identify learning objectives, and implement appropriate methods of development, delivery, and tracking
- Utilize established Instructional Design and Adult Learning Principles, while staying current with eLearning development trends
- Ensure quality checks are performed on deliverables and provide status reports
- Collaborate with Team Members, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Management.
- Administer and maintain the LMS database: troubleshoot and resolve system issues, manage vendor relationship, test courses, generate reports, provide technical/functional support to LMS users.
- Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology or at least 5 year's experience developing technical eLearning content in a corporate environment.
- Experience in all phases of the instructional design /content development processes
- At least 5 years expertise with Adobe Captivate and currently using version 5.0 or higher
- Proficient in the production of SCORM and/or AICC-compliant eLearning
- Access to an online portfolio for review by TWC hiring team
- Strong project management skills applied in a business/corporate environment
- Ability to effectively communicate written, verbally and persuasively with individuals as well as with small and large audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable during project process
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Education and Experience:
- Adobe Connect Pro webinar tool expertise
- Adobe Flash experience
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator expertise
- Software deployment and release experience
- Microsoft SharePoint experience
- ITIL v3 Foundations certified
- Working knowledge of cable/Telecommunications industry
- Technical writing/grammar skills
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Travel 10 %
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area. Qualified candidates should apply online at www.timewarnercable.com.
FCC Unit_TWC HQ452 Controlling Establishment ID 00236 - Herndon 13820 Sunrise Valley
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...