Description/Job Summary The Social and Digital Media Specialist - Marketing will be charged with managing the digital and social media strategy and execution. The successful candidate will develop and maintain multiple social community aspects (included but not limited to blogs/blogger
outreach, video feeds, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, resource centers etc.). S/he will also oversee the development of web programs (including but not limited to web site, e-mail, CRM, banner ads, organic and paid
search, SEO). The Social and Digital Media Specialist will develop governance policy and provide comprehensive analytics and campaign effectiveness reports. S/he will also develop and implement brand and technology standards that apply to the Company’s effort
in the online space.
- Manage and produce content for the Company’s official presence on all targeted social and digital media platforms. Review and approve all content posted to any of the Company’s official social and digital media sites and assure it is accurate and representative
of the Company.
- Develop and roll out social media optimization (SMO) and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies and tactics.
- Leverage social and digital media to extend and support other marketing and communication efforts and initiatives.
- Ensure the Company is an active, authentic and contributing member of all targeted social media communities.
- Provide leadership in the identification/application of emerging social and digital media trends and select the platforms that best serve the Company.
- Regularly evaluate social media and online programs and strategy to ensure they align with the larger strategy, are using the right technology, and are consistent with industry best practices.
- Conduct meetings with various departments and units as needed in order to develop and coordinate social and digital media programming effectively for the Company and maintain positive working relationships.
- Oversee and integrate work of outside social media, web site and SEO management and tracking agencies. Bring tasks in-house whenever practicable to achieve cost savings without losing effectiveness.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in social and digital media.
- Understands and builds a social/digital strategy that is innovative. Ability to execute from start to completion as well as weekly (daily) maintenance and updates to keep efforts current.
- Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretch objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialog with others on work and results.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- A minimum of 2 years of project management experience is required.
- Ability to deliver as a 1 person team as well as work with varying groups and co-workers on larger multi-faceted initiatives.
- Demonstrated history of working in a fast-paced environment while delivering multiple projects on schedule, on budget with no errors.
- Ability to travel overnight and occasional weekends is required.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications/English, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or IT from an accredited college or university.
American Sugar Refining Inc. - 23 months ago