We have an opening for a Specialist 3 that will solve customer payment related issues for end user customers which would include making outbound or receiving inbound customer calls.
- Resolve payment related customer issues.
- Take inbound or make outbound customer calls.
- Research customer payments, adjustments, NSF's that affect customer bills.
- Perform reconciliation on customer accounts to determine outstanding balances as necessary.
- Contact banking institutions to resolve customer banking payment issues.
- Research credit/debit card transactions in merchant processor systems to solve payment related issues.
- Handle escalated calls regarding payment issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of CenturyLink's policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of three years customer service work experience.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required.
- Proficient PC and spreadsheet application skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet SLA requirements while handling multiple issues at the same time.
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Adaptability to change.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include Saturdays and/or evenings.
- Associate's degree or college business courses.
- Banking experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Ensemble billing system along with other related systems.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Qwest Communications - 22 months ago