Responsible for supporting the digital communications team for all Georgia Aquarium, Inc. and Marineland Dolphin Adventure marketing/e-communication efforts including: maintaining the Georgia Aquarium website; managing the Marineland Dolphin Adventure website; implementing e-communications with Aquarium Members, team members, and guests; implementing e-communications with Marineland Dolphin Adventure guests. To support the Marketing and Communications Departments in developing and maintaining a marketing and communications strategy using digital and social media communications channels, keeping the media and the public informed of Aquarium products and resources; enhancing image and reputation of the Aquarium to support long-term sustainable growth.
1. Provide content and assist in maintenance for Georgia Aquarium and Marineland Dolphin Adventure websites
2. Execute, schedule and create content for Georgia Aquarium and Marineland Dolphin Adventure e-newsletter, e-blasts and promotional email communications
3. Assist in developing new audiences through online marketing and media opportunities
4. Manage, maintain and enhance Georgia Aquarium and Marineland Dolphin Adventure presences on social media sites, including content creation to feed positive interactions, conversations and sentiment; develop and maintain ongoing relationship with audiences via existing and emerging social media channels
5. Assist in developing new audiences through digital marketing and media opportunities
6. Assist in developing online multimedia opportunities for Georgia Aquarium
7. Assist in developing and maintaining Georgia Aquarium’s mobile initiatives including mobile site, mobile tour guide, audio tour and applications
8. Manage social media monitoring platform and provide data analysis
9. Assist in digital communications data analysis for website, email and social media channels
10. Provide e-communications, social media and website traffic data for analysis
11. Maintain Georgia Aquarium and Marineland Dolphin Adventure e-communications mailing list
12. Promote, engage and monitor bloggers; develop ongoing relationships for beneficial digital marketing opportunities
13. Attend social media engagements and networking functions on behalf of Georgia Aquarium
14. Assist in maintaining consistency in all aquarium communication and marketing
15. Work with Marketing Team to develop internal and external marketing strategy for AT&T Dolphin Tales, 4D Theater, Gift Shop, Café, Events, parking and other revenue resources as directed
16. Support Communications and Marketing departments as necessary
17. Develop understanding of Aquarium events and departments to keep staff and media informed.
18. Assist Development team in fundraising via online and Aquarium Web site opportunities
19. Assist marketing team in driving gate attendance via online and Aquarium Web site opportunities
20. Manage digital media intern projects and workload and assist in intern instruction programming
21. To perform other duties as workload necessitates
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations/media relations, communications or journalism.
2. Minimum two years’ experience in marketing, public relations/media relations, digital media, communications or journalism, or relevant experience
3. Minimum one year experience with social/digital media at a professional organization, or relevant experience
4. Knowledge of digital media trends and platforms, including social media and mobile.
5. Basic knowledge of HTML and/or website design is required.
6. Experience with social media listening and scheduling platforms such as Radian6, SpredFast and Intellibuzz, etc.
7. a plus.
8. Experience with web analytics platforms such as Omniture, Google Analytics, etc. a plus
9. Experience with email service platforms such as Silverpop, Strong Mail, Mail Chimp, etc. a plus.
10. Effective problem analysis and resolution skills.
11. Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines.
12. Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet departmental requirements.
13. Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
14. Superior verbal and written communication skills, including creative writing skills.
15. Ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
16. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
17. Strong interpersonal and management skills with the ability to interact positively at all levels within the organization, community and with business and political leaders who influence the Aquarium’s success.
Georgia Aquarium - 13 months ago