To assist and advise the Assistant Manager of Safety with the implementation of the KMMG Safety and incident prevention measures to comply with corporate, local, state and federal related safety regulation, directive and policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES ( including but not limited to accountabilities below):
- Assist the Assistant Manager in appropriate loss control and accidental prevention measure to comply with corporate mission and objectives.
- Develop and delivery safety orientation and training programs to KMMG Team Members, contractors, and others as required, to ensure Team Member skills competence and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Facilitates implementation, to ensure a uniform and consistent approach throughout all facilities and departments, the various KMMG safety training programs including but not limited to: Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Electrical Safety, Robotics, PPE, Fall Prevention, Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection, Overhead Crane Safety, Rigging, and others.
- Conduct Equipment Safety Reviews and implements Acceptance (Buy-Off) Procedure.
- Conduct periodic inspections of plant machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure conformance to appropriate safety and health standards and regulations.
- Investigate incidents and unsafe working conditions, compiling statistical data and providing remedial actions to achieve effective accident and loss prevention.
- Assist Group Leaders with the evaluation of safety problems and Team Member’s safety recommendation and complaints. Recommend corrective measures accordingly.
- Implements the KMMG construction safety programs for modifications and expansion projects and processes through coordination with KMMG team members and their suppliers and contractors.
- Implement the fire protection program and system engineering to ensure compliance with fire safety and life safety regulations of local, state and federal jurisdictions. Acts as primary technical liaison with companies installing, testing, maintaining and servicing fire alarm, fire extinguishing and fire fighting systems and equipment.
- Acts as KMMG emergency response coordinator in emergency response operations and training drills during normal facility operation and on call 24 hour basis.
- Perform, with all required personal protective equipment, in various roles on emergency response teams including, first responder, technician, safety officer, and incident commander.
- Develops and conducts appropriate safety and security training to maintain compliance with corporate, state, local and federal regulations, directives and policies.
- Perform all duties of Safety Specialist.
- Must be able to work any shift in all shops.
The above typical duties are characteristic of this job and demonstrate a level of difficulty and are not intended to list or limit the duties that may be required or assigned to a team member in this classification.
QUALIFICATIONS and JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Competencies)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Safety Engineering, Management or a related area, along with a minimum of five (5) years diversified experience in safety, loss prevention and emergency response management, consulting, supervision and administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in both exercising company decisions and carrying out essential job duties that affect efficient business operations and its objectives, policies, practices, and conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia - 10 months ago