The College of Technology and Innovation seeks a Specialist position to oversee CTI scholarships and to provide assistance with student engagement initiatives. Under general supervision from the Coordinator Senior, Student Engagement, the primary responsibilities for this position are student engagement support and scholarship administration.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM, some nights and weekends
- Coordinates scholarship administration for the College of Technology and Innovation including advertising scholarships to students, coordinating the review process with faculty committees, and notifying students of awards.
- Coordinates college convocation ceremonies.
- Assists with student engagement events and activities including the Academic Bowl, Solve for X, XI Camp, and Thing on Thursday.
- Oversees a team of student staff including student workers, peer mentors, and residential community paraprofessionals.
- Providing support with event logistics including venue, catering, parking, and general event planning.
- Plans for each event by making catering arrangements as needed; ensuring there is adequate staffing for events; scheduling set-up and clean up; ensuring AV and other technical arrangements have been made; scheduling stage and other crews accordingly and supervising them during events.
- Performs post-event activities such as maintaining files of all pertinent information related to event; final cost analysis; P-card reconciliation; and reporting on goals and other performance indicators to supervisor and providing feedback to improve event in future as needed.
- Consults with staff, students, and others to provide technical advice, problem-solving assistance, answers to questions, and program goals and policy interpretation.
- Maintains a working knowledge of University policies, procedures, and protocol in regards to event coordination and engages other University resources when needed.
- Prepares and conducts related evaluation activities.
- Acts as primary liaison with event speakers and university personnel.
- Maintains the College's online events calendar and posts items to the university-wide events calendar.
- Analyzes data and trends and works with team to improve services.
- May assist in developing budgets, performance indicators, and accountability reports for new programs and/or budget units.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in student engagement.
- Knowledge of basic project management.
- Skill in designing presentation materials.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in effective communication, both verbal and written.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment and three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Evidence of a Master's degree completed or in progress. Experience coordinating scholarship review process; supervising undergraduate students in an advising or student engagement setting; with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint); marketing opportunities to students utilizing social media and electronic communication; planning and supporting events and college convocation ceremonies; with ASU academic structure and organization; academic programs, colleges, and departments university-wide; student service orientation; developing and presenting information. Demonstrated knowledge of customer service in a higher education environment. Evidence of effective written and verbal communication skills..
Arizona State University - 2 years ago
Sun lovers and knowledge seekers can turn to Arizona State University (ASU) for a well-rounded college education. The research university...