Specialty Operations Manager
Job ID: : 25886
Department: : Surgery Admin
City: : St. Paul, MN
Location: : HP - St Paul Specialty Center 435
Position Type: : Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: : Monday- Friday Hours vary from day to day/week to week Some evening meetings
Hrs/Pay Period: : 80
Job Description: :
The culture at HealthPartners is one of ownership, pride, service, and most importantly, partnership. That spirit of partnership among employees, and with patients and the community is just one of the many reasons we were recently named one of the Twin Cities best places to work by the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal. Join us for a career that offers respect, support and encouragement. You’ll stay for the power of partnership.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Manager, Specialty Operations. Excellence is to be centered on patient care and patient relationships and is the responsibility of all employees. Teamwork is the norm and all employees will be held accountable to work as effective team members. The Manager of Specialty Operations will provide overall leadership across multiple sites for the specialty departments within his/her area of accountability.
(Key roles, responsibilities & functions for this position)(For supervisory position – indicate positions/departments supervised)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum qualifications needed for this position)
- Provide operational leadership across multiple sites for the specialty departments within their area of accountability.
- Partner with the Department Head, Administrative Director and the BSS to identify department and clinic priorities and goals.
- Supervise Care Delivery Supervisors and at times front line staff as needed.
- Direct department operations, financials and patient centered performance of the clerical and clinical staff.
- Plan and implement key HPMG and Specialty care goals and objectives including but not limited to implementation of best practice, quality improvement initiatives and execution of prepared practice teams.
- Assure implementation of patient centered goals.
- Lead, mentor and coach staff.
- Work in collaboration with other primary and specialty care managers and directors to coordinate care and provide adequate staffing for all clinic sites to assure the patient care experience is seamless for the patient.
- Identify trends, monitor and report progress toward goals and creatively problem solve areas of concern needing improvement.
- Work with staff physicians, lead physicians and department heads to assure the operations of the clinic maximize physician time and create an environment staff and physicians enjoy.
- Bachelor’s degree Healthcare Administration, Management or related field
- 5 to 7 years leadership/management experience in a healthcare/clinical setting
- Demonstrated organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management, team building and delegation skills
- Demonstrated change management skills
HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care and we offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #25886.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- MBA or MHA
- Experience in Specialty Clinic Setting
- Current MN RN License
Health is what we do. Partnership is how we do it.
HealthPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The largest consumer-governed, nonprofit health care organization in the nation, HealthPartners provides care, coverage, research and...