This position is accountable for creating and executing sales and marketing strategy for the FL area. The role requires the individual to sell Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy services through targeted physicians/physician groups, medical clinics, and community hospitals. The role is accountable for pre-call plans to meet targeted health care professionals' needs and documentation post-call. The position is accountable for fostering ongoing trust through relationship management and providing accurate and timely follow-up discussions.
This role will serve as the Specialty Solutions territory sales SME (subject matter expert) and will collaborate with various team members and key stakeholders to ensure timely, accurate and on budget implementation of programs.
- Responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing members. The sales cycles will tend to be simple and short-term in nature with a goal toward a long term customer relationship.
- Educates physicians and/or office administrator/staff on new medications and indications for the diseases that they treat. Teams with the Inside Sales Representative to achieve sales objectives.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining contacts with referral sources including, but not limited to, social workers, nurses, doctors or any other hospital personnel in the designated marketing region.
- Cultivates open network and new referral sources, such as physician practices or service organizations that could increase sales for Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy.
- Leads participation in MD offices, support groups, seminars and related workshops which would contribute to the enhancement of the employer's business.
- Assists with development of marketing presentations on an as needed basis.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with appropriate agencies; Insurance and Managed Care entities in targeted market as designated by the Senior Director of Specialty Pharmacy Solutions.
- Liaise with operations to ensure positive provider experience.
- Create Single Point of Contact processes with providers and operations.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to meet performance metrics as well as analyze and interpret business results and data.
- Provides comprehensive, accurate, timely and relevant analysis and reporting to Prime management.
- Executes provider penetration strategy with the Sales and Account Management teams.
- Makes recommendations for program enhancements and requests for changes to meet business and client needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time; 3-4 nights overnight travel every other week.
- BS/BA in Business, Nursing, Marketing, Communications or related field or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience of Pharma or specialty pharmacy in a selling capacity.
- Master's degree or related additional related coursework or practical experience.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to grow and develop a strong, federated team.
- Prior experience with SalesForce.com
- Customer / member focused.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and demonstrated success leading projects to completion.
- Demonstrated success working in an ambiguous role with undefined parameters.
- Proven sales track record indicating accomplishment and success.
- Ability to think creatively and independently to influence doctors and medical staffs to utilize Prime Therapeutics Specialty Pharmacy Services.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience creating documentation.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong team player and self starter that is solution oriented.
- Experience in working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Previous geography experience preferred.
Prime Therapeutics - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management decisions...