Centerplate is the food and beverage and merchandise services provider for Levi's Stadium, the new home of the NFLs San Francisco 49ers, currently under construction in Santa Clara, California near Great America theme park and the Santa Clara Convention Center. The stadium is expected to open in time for the 2014 season and will play host to Super Bowl 50, as well as college football's annual Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.
We currently seek an experienced, organized and dedicated Specialty Retail Operations Manager to oversee all team retail merchandise warehousing operations for the stadium, as well as for 4 free-standing retail merchandise stores. Major areas of oversight will include receiving, inventory management, reporting and reconciling, transfer and distribution of product, equipment maintenance and supervision of warehouse staff.
Centerplate and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom.
As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. Making it better to be there since 1929.
- Support and maximize merchandise revenue through the development and implementation of systems and policies related to effective merchandise warehouse operations.
- Develop an efficient centralized warehousing operation by establishing control procedures for cataloging, inventory management and distribution of materials, equipment and supplies; Play a hands-on role in maintaining and improving the supply system.
- Be fully knowledgeable of team merchandise inventory and available styles, colors, sizes and options for each item; Assist in educating merchandise warehouse, concessions and retail staff to develop strong product knowledge and serve as an information resource for any questions they may have.
- Serve as an essential avenue of communication for key suppliers and vendors. Partner with vendors to secure priority shipping when necessary.
- Directly supervise warehouse staff; Execute responsibilities for hiring, training, scheduling, performance coaching, discipline, assessment and initiating pay increases.
- Provide hands-on leadership to merchandise warehouse supervisors and clerks; Motivate and coach the team to be customer-focused and team-oriented in their work; Prioritize the daily workload and play an active role in developing staff within the warehouse.
- Supervise clerical data entry staff in the activity of transmitting warehousing information and documentation to Centerplates Corporate Office.
- Delegate appropriate and provide specific direction to staff regarding their responsibilities for warehouse operations, product handling, safety, customer service, quality and cost control.
- Continually monitor operations to ensure optimal quality and service; Drive efficiency and quality through continuous walk-thrus of all warehouse areas.
- Control inventory through performance of duties according to Centerplate procedures for the ordering, receiving, storage and transfer of team merchandise; Reconcile monthly inventories with Director of Operations and Accounting.
- Manage the financial performance of the department through development, analysis and implementation of action plans and forecasts to minimize variances.
- Maintain positive, on-going communication with Vice President of Retail Merchandising and Area Retail Manager; Provide timely feedback regarding inventory, equipment or facilities; Make proactive suggestions for improving the customer experience.
- Conduct on-going cycle counts to ensure appropriate control and accuracy of inventory; Immediate inform General Manager of all matters related to inventory integrity.
- Plan and communicate effectively with other management staff on a daily basis to support smooth and efficient operations.
- Compile and submit regular reports of shrinkage, damage, outdated stock or supplies, over and under shipments, return of goods to vendor, etc.
- Contact vendors to reconcile invoice discrepancies, shortages, over shipments or to arrange for emergency shipments or requisitions.
- Ensure daily transfer and receiving schedules are met accordingly; Establish or adjust work procedures to meet schedules.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, team building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement to support quality and efficiency in all warehousing functions; Recommend measures to improve productivity and quality, and suggests changes in processes or procedures to increase efficiency.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of regional and organizational business strategies.
- Contribute to the goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Perform other related tasks and duties from time to time.
MAKING IT BETTER TO BE THERE SINCE 1929
At gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom, Centerplate and our partner...