Job Description: This position will report to the District Sales Manager and will be required to conduct an average minimum of 8 calls per day on physicians to achieve call plan objectives over the course of a quarter. Product portfolio, customer base, and geography may change on a quarterly basis based on market needs. These sales professionals will be focused on utilizing effective selling techniques to deliver customer service which will include, but is not limited to, sampling, providing patient education materials, educating demonstrating sales ability/ persuasiveness to physicians and staff to deliver focused sales messaging to targeted customers.
The Sales Professional typically establishes long-term relationships with key clients for their designated therapeutic area and may build and maintain formulary availability, ensures product availability, organize resources for symposia, and gets involved in local organizations that are key to the business. Intent of the Sales Professional is to provide exclusive coverage of Specialists in territory (target of >50% of call plan on Specialists).
- BA/BS from an accredited school required. Focus in business or life science preferred.
- 3+ years pharmaceutical/medical sales with a documented track record of success required. Focus in business or life science is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information
- Demonstrated ability to manage territory budget
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check
- Consistent track record of quantifiable/documented sales accomplishments (i.e. "meeting sales
- Demonstrated ability to plan, analyze and act upon sales data within an assigned geography
- Solid business acumen including excellent and persuasive business communication,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment and discretion and to analyze and address territory opportunities by building key customer relationships
- Computer Skills: proficiency in business software (MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
Genzyme - 15 months ago