Specialty Sales Representative (Los Angeles)
Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
The primary responsibility of a Sucampo Specialty Sales Representative is to drive sales for our prescription products within targeted clinicians, primarily physicians but also mid-level prescribers and institutional decision makers. As a highly evolved and individualized position, Sucampo’s physician based approach is to increase the use of our products by ensuring the ordering of, delivery of and payment for medications within today’s highly managed market. Using proprietary technologies, our company is developing treatments for a variety of ophthalmology, gastrointestinal, respiratory, vascular and central nervous system diseases and disorders for which there are unmet or underserved medical needs and significant long-term market opportunities. We just launched a product in ophthalmology in February and currently represent a first in class product with a novel mechanism of action in the gastroenterology therapeutic area within the hospital and nursing home segments.
• Utilize expert product knowledge and highly effective selling skills to educate targeted health care providers on the appropriate use of Sucampo promoted products. Execute brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message.
• Increase sales by calling on multiple health care providers in various settings. Sales success in all segments is critical for our short term and long term growth as an organization.
• Conduct training sessions (In-services) for clinicians in practices, hospitals & nursing homes.
• Actively monitor the status of our products on insurance and hospital formularies and help customers understand the various requirements for access.
• Manage territory budget and ensure accurate and timely expense management.
• Conduct promotional programs and meeting displays in various settings.
• Assertively present clinical information to targeted ophthalmologists and optometrists and their support staff and to various clinicians affiliated to hospitals and nursing homes.
• Conduct data analysis, and effective due diligence as a sales representative in order to understand the competitive landscape.
• Execute sound sales and marketing strategies developed from the home office to ensure there is consistency in messaging and targeting.
• Comply with all state and federal regulations and guidelines and company policies related to the marketing and sales of a pharmaceutical product.
• Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline or life sciences.
• A minimum of 1-3 years of documented sales success in ophthalmology within specialty sales or device sales; or 3 years in primary care sales with an ophthalmology product.
• Ability to analyze data to be effective in a managed care environment. This position requires the ability to speak the payer’s language (prior authorizations, step edits, etc.).
• Ability to cover a large geographic area (up to a 4 hour radius) with occasional overnight travel.
• Ability to build relationships and become a trusted business partner with customers.
• Must possess highly effective communication and listening skills and have a strong business acumen.
Successful candidates will have proven to be proficient in the following areas:
• Executes the Selling Process
• Acts With Integrity
• Communicates Effectively
• Demonstrates Clinical Knowledge
• Implements the Plan Of Action and Recognizes the Value of Reach & Frequency on High Value Customers
• Takes Initiative & is Accountable for Actions
• Complies with Policies and Regulations
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. - 13 months ago