Position Summary (Overall purpose and objective of the position)
This position is the frontline telephone contact with insurance agents and individuals for inquiries, quoting, and completing flood insurance applications, while also processing a large volume of paperwork. The position will report to the Specialty Services Group Supervisor. Scheduled hours 9:00am - 6:00pm.
(List major job responsibilities that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation)
Additional, Non-Essential Functions/Responsibilities
- Understand and apply complex National Flood Insurance Program rules and regulations to individual flood insurance policies.
- Process all insurance inquiries which may include:
- Applications, endorsements, cancellations, renewals, and written inquiries.
- Process flood insurance policy information using technical systems such as the AS-400, Nautilus, National Flood Services-StoneRiver website, FEMA website, public records, and report queries.
- Communicate complex technical information to agents using written and/or verbal communication.
- Meet minimum performance standards determined by Key Performance Indicators.
- Work independently with moderate supervision as well as within a team environment.
- Maintain an established level of productivity using time management techniques.
- Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
People Management: N/A
Fiscal Management: N/A
Property Management: N/A
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License, Training
Job Related Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- 1+ years of office and/or administrative background.
- Customer Service experience including telephone contact.
- Previous insurance and/or call center experience helpful.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Proficiency at keying alpha and numeric information with accuracy and speed.
- Knowledge of basic equipment functions, such as how to create and maintain files, printing, copying, faxing, phone messaging and voicemail.
- Ability to work with frequent and multiple policy, procedure, and regulation changes.
Physical Conditions/Requirements (Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodations)
Employee must perform all of the essential functions/responsibilities for classification in this position.
- Position requires the ability to hear and communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Uses vision to view screens, create and review documents; requires close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Capable of using a keyboard effectively
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time, stand, and walk
Unique Functions, Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License or Training to
Essential Functions: N/A
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education, Certification, License or Training: N/A
Physical Conditions/Requirements: N/A
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absence or relief, or to equalize peak workload periods.
StoneRiver - 20 months ago