Millennium Laboratories is the leading research-based clinical diagnostic company dedicated to improving the lives of people suffering from pain and/or addiction. We provide healthcare professionals with the medication monitoring and drug detection services, clinical tools, scientific data and education helping to personalize treatment plans to improve clinical outcomes and patient safety.
We provide customized drug testing services for healthcare professionals to help them to mitigate the abuse and misuse of prescription drugs. In addition to our urine and oral fluid drug tests, we also offer a saliva-based Pharmacogenetic Test to detect genetic variations in enzymes associated with the metabolism of medications commonly prescribed to patients suffering from debilitating chronic pain and pain related-effects.
This is a great entry level opportunity to gain experience in an accredited clinical laboratory. Due to our expanded growth, we are seeking exceptional team players to assist in preparing specimens (oral fluid and urine) to be tested by our clinical staff.
*Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:30am – 12:30pm
Saturday as needed depending on work load: 8am-12pm
*There may be overtime
We are continually growing and are looking for a motivated and driven Specimen Opener that will have the opportunity to:
- Work in our clinical lab opening packages received from UPS/Fed-Ex each morning (we receive over 2,000 packages each day and that number continues to rise)
- Ensure that all information needed to process the specimens are accounted for
- Catch any issues with specimens during the opening process before moving on to the next process
- There are a few special handling lists that each specimen received must be identified with and if applicable, must be placed on designated specimen resolution trays
- Distinguish colors between requisition forms required in order to easily identify mismatches between requisition forms and collection devices
- Work in a strong teamwork environment
- Be able to effectively communicate in a fast paced environment
- Team Player and enthusiastic and motivated attitude
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever changing work environment
- Detail oriented
As a national lab operating in all 50 states, Millennium maintains full licensing and accreditations including Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certification. The laboratory is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), requiring the highest proficiency testing standards in the industry. Millennium is also accredited by the Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation (COLA) and the Joint Commission.
Please be advised that we have 3 dogs on the company premises.
Millennium Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant. AA/M/F/V/D
· Basic laboratory experience highly preferred, not required
· High School Diploma minimum requirement
Millennium Laboratories, Inc - 12 months ago