AmeriPath, Inc., a Quest Diagnostics Company, is the nation’s largest physician and laboratory company focused on providing anatomic pathology, cancer diagnostic and healthcare information services to physicians, hospitals, national clinical laboratories and managed care organizations. The company presently operates in 24 states and provides medical services through outpatient pathology laboratories, hospital inpatient laboratories and outpatient surgery centers. AmeriPath Indiana has an opening for a first shift specimen processing technician. The hours are 8:00am-4:30pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information etc. and assigns the appropriate TIQ, and in some cases resolves them.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering
3. Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months.
4. Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received.
5. Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment.
6. Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
7. Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
8. Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe.
9. Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines. 10. Performs other duties as assigned.
AmeriPath, Inc. offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package which includes paid time off, Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Life and AD&D, STD, LTD, supplemental benefits and 401(K) with company contribution. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory.
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred. - Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6000 keystrokes/hour.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace
Pickled organs and preserved tissues are AmeriPath's favorite things. The firm provides anatomic pathology,...